Thursday, September 06, 2007

Episode 18: Living in Generation Mute.

Good Evening. Welcome to The Talk Cock Show. Tonight we look to discover how sounds...audio...the art of hearing has become such an important aspect to our daily lives. From the ghettos of Jamaican Reggae to the soapy love songs of Taiwan music (which very often start songs with either guitar or piano tunes), the absence of lyrics is as good as making one chew pills and keep the residue under the tongue while pouring cherry-ade into the openings of the ear and letting it flow out through your pores. However, sometimes being mute isn't that bad after all. So tonight, we look at 2 different issues that was brought up over the past week on the positive and negative aspect of mute.



Positive

Koh Li Xian: Welcome to the show, Sufern. I am really curious where have all the japanese students gone to in our university? I can't see any japanese people around in school except for those really cute jap girls working at the sushi place.

Koh Li Xian: However, my japanese friend told me there are actually quite alot of Japanese in school. I don't get it!

Sufern: There are.

Koh Li Xian: But you just can't seem to see them!

Sufern: They are very closely knitted as well. My officemate always go to japanese picnics, japanese outings, and japanese dinners.

Koh Li Xian: That's what I thought as well. Maybe I should disguise as a japanese and blend in with them.

Sufern: But you do not speak the language.

Koh Li Xian: I will say that I am a mute Japanese.



Negative

Andre: Oei. Why your trance songs that you give me all so talkative one ah?

Andre: Your songs are talking too much to me man. I'm going mad.

Koh Li Xian: You are damn whiny can!? I give you a mixture of trance and vocal trance cos' I thought you might like them.

Andre: I think I shall call them Talkative Trance.

Koh Li Xian: That's why it's called Vocal Trance. Not Mute Trance.



On this mute print, thank you for tuning in to the show. Before I go, remember. You can tune in to The Talk Cock Show on mute. Until next time, Good Night.

No comments: